Thursday, July 5, 2012

First Doctor's Appointment!

My appointment was at 1:30, but they had all the OB teaching, and Pap smear, and a book of questions to ask, so they told me I wouldn't even see the doctor until 2:15 or 2:30. That was perfect because Kyle usually doesn't even get back down from the mountain (where he works) until that time. I asked him to try and get off right when they returned so he could make it. He turns his phone off on the mountain because he doesn't have service and doesn't want his battery to drain searching for service. I called his on my way to the appointment and it went straight to voice-mail. I called him while I was waiting for the doctor and again, straight to voicemail. The doctor was right on time and I still couldn't get ahold of him. I wasn't sure if he'd make it so we just went ahead and did the heartbeat and ultra sound. We were mainly checking to see if it was twins. Thank goodness its not! I recorded both the ultrasound and heartbeat (I accidently pushed 'stop' instead of 'start' on the camera the first time we heard the heartbeat so she did it again for me). Right after the Doctor finished the ultrasound Kyle texted me that he was on his way. I showed her the text and was way bummed. She said 'well we can do another one when he gets here'. I was sooooo happy!!! The ultrasound we got to see together was amazing! We held hands throughout it and were amazed because we could see the baby's facial features!!! I wish I would have recorder that one too because it was awesome!!! Even the doctor was surprised we saw it that well! We were such proud parents and after the doctor left, we hugged each other so tight. It's amazing how much we love this child already!!


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it something to be able to see the baby for the first time? It just makes it all the more real! We're so excited for you guys! You're going to be great parents! :)

    ReplyDelete