Saturday, May 19, 2012

We're officially a 'Growing' Family!


May 2012. Kyle and I have been married for 10 months now. We didn’t want to start our family until I was done with Nursing school in December 2013. I have been wanting a child since we got married, but I knew it would be smart to get to know my husband better while it was just us two and to finish school so that I could focus all my attention on our children once they started coming. In October, Kyle and I were living in Duncan. We were praying together one night and both felt like we should start our family. I had been feeling that way for a couple weeks, but was scared to follow that prompting. After our prayer, we decided we should stop preventing pregnancy. The next day, we both talked about it and were scared about it so we kept preventing. Last month (April) we attended the Temple with our friends Jayce and Errin Lunt. While we were in the Celestial room, Kyle and I were both praying about having a baby. We had both been feeling like we wanted to have a baby for a couple of weeks. After praying in the Temple, we looked at each other. Kyle said, ‘I think we need to start our family’. I said ‘really’ with pure joy in my voice. I was so happy that he felt the same way I did! We felt that our Heavenly Father wants this for us and will watch over and bless us for bring one of His children into this world at the time. We decided that this time we wouldn’t ignore the impression we got. We stopped preventing. And now we are counting down the days until our little one comes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment